Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, January 6, 2022

A Crazy Adventure

Shortly before Christmas, I was in the basement wrapping gifts while Katie was on the main floor. The cats were keeping me company, and when I happened to look down from where I was, I saw that Mr. Limpet had crawled into a plastic bag. I decided that I had better get him out as soon as my hands were free. It was too late though. He spooked himself when he couldn't get out of the bag and took off running (in the bag) around the basement. Then he took off up the stairs before I could catch him. I was yelling at Katie not to look because I couldn't remember what the bag said.

By the time I got to the main floor, Mr. Limpet had already made it to our upstairs floor. I ran up another floor to rescue him. He wasn't in any of the bedrooms. He had squeezed himself next to the washing machine and was so scared. I got him out of his bag, but for the whole evening he was scared.

We tried to give Mr. Limpet some extra attention, but he spent most of the night under the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment