Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, October 26, 2020

Choosing Pumpkins

My sister, Jennifer, and I decided to take Katie to the pumpkin patch this year to try to hold onto some traditions during this strange time. The pumpkin patch that we go to was limiting the number of people at any time by requiring reservations. Masks were also required. Since not everyone was observing the mask rule and social distancing, we decided to create our own space. Instead of taking the hay ride, we walked to the pumpkin fields, and we brought bags to carry the pumpkins in instead of using the wheelbarrows. It made us feel better, and we still had fun.

We could choose three pumpkins since we had three people.

Aunt Jennifer and my mom let me choose all three.

I found the first one first. I held the bag and...

...Aunt Jennifer put it in the bag!

We tried to stay far away from others, but I kept my mask on anyway.

I walked through several of the fields looking for the perfect pumpkins.

I wanted a white pumpkin, but didn't find one.

Here was a perfect one that I found! Haha!

At this point, I had chosen a small pumpkin and a medium pumpkin. Now I needed a big one.

My mom was trying to help by pointing with her feet. I ended up choosing one that was more round than oblong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment