Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Time for Middle School

Katie is an official middle schooler. Like most people in that situation, she fluctuated between being excited and nervous as she approached her first day at her new school. She had her orientation the night before school started, and she was given her schedule and we were able to locate all of her classrooms to make her more comfortable.

Another change was that Katie now had access to riding the school bus. She was a little nervous about it, but decided to try it out on her first day. She was so excited to recognize someone from her elementary school at her bus stop, and the two of them have become fast friends.

Her first day was great! She loves her new school. She put her feelings into words much more eloquently than I could have. "I realized it was like I was reading an amazing book, and I had been on page one for seven years. Now I can turn to a brand new page and finally see what exciting things will happen next!"

My mom almost forgot my first day of 6th grade picture.

She made me stop for it right when I was about to get to my bus stop, so this was the most natural smile she was going to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment