Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Walmart China


After filling out the final paperwork to get Katie's passport yesterday, we headed for Walmart China to do some shopping. Just like at home, I was exhausted when I walked out of Walmart! Unlike being home, Walmart here has some very unique shopping choices. A lot of current China fashion would fit in with America, but there were a few interesting t-shirts to choose from that wouldn't be very common there. In the food section, we smelled some smells that we didn't think we had ever smelled before. We could have picked up some live turtles, toads, or eels for dinner, but we chose not to.

Speaking of food, the other night we were hungry and didn't want to take Katie to a restaurant, so my mom ordered room service for us. She called and ordered three servings of fried rice. (Yes, we're still being very brave with our food choices!) Jennifer and I heard the lady on the other end repeat the order. Between my mom and the lady, the order was said at least six times. Finally, someone came to our room with our dinner and started to get our food out. Curiously, the fried rice looked just like french fries and ketchup! We ate the sort of warm french fries as we dreamed of fried rice. We found out the next morning that a man in our group had been eating in the restaurant that same night. He had ordered french fries and was served fried rice! It was funny.

Katie gets happier every day. Both Katie and I have colds, but my mom and Jennifer are still holding in there! Think good health!

I appreciate all of the comments you are leaving on the blog! I am reading them every day. I just haven't had the chance to respond with my business, but they mean a lot to me!

At the Notary in China

A Chinese Baby Stroller


Laundry Line on a City Street


Praying to the Pants God

No comments:

Post a Comment