Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A Trip to the Zoo

We hadn't been to the zoo for awhile, so my sister, Jennifer, and I decided to take Katie for a day of fun.

The mountain goats always welcome us to the zoo! I love seeing them! 

While I looked at the animals, Aunt Jennifer had the goal to find poop in every enclosure. She only found it a few times though! 

My mom and I decided to stand in the eagle's nest together. 

When we went to see the eagles, there was one closer than I had ever seen it! 

They always look much bigger in person than what I would expect. 

A little while later, I decided that I just had to climb through the tunnel there! 

I loved looking at the ducks this visit! 

I can't remember what this animal was, but it was pretty cute! 

One of the things that made us happiest at the zoo was spying these new leaves coming out on the trees! We're excited for spring! 

I love hanging out with my buddy! 

Our zoo has all sorts of these sculptures right now made out of recycled trash, and I loved them! 

I watched the seals play for a long time! 

Then I found another sculpture. 

 Two of the chimpanzees were right by the window, and I had fun watching them eat.

The zoo is building the chimps a new house that will be open soon. 

I also found two of the cheetahs sleeping by the window. They're so pretty! 

Of course, I had to stop in my favorite cave. 

Then Aunt Jennifer and I looked at some of the African animals. 

I waved a quick good-bye, so I could head to my favorite - giraffes. 

I had to check, but I still wasn't as tall as a baby giraffe. 

I could watch the giraffes all day. 

I especially liked when I saw one of the giraffes take off running! 

After the giraffes, we checked on the flamingos. 

Then we found another sculpture. 


You might as well stop for a picture, and...

...take a quick break before the final push. 

We were almost out when we saw the shark, so of course, Aunt Jennifer and I wanted a picture with it! 

Before we left, I got a quick picture with the mountain goats. This statue used to seem so much bigger! 

Then I said good-bye to my old friend, the squirrel. 
It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment