Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Digging Out

When I started shoveling a path for our delivery, I couldn't believe the amount of work. When I lived in New England, I got a lot of practice with shoveling a lot of snow. We didn't have as much snow as some of those storms. The problem was the alternating freezing rain with the snow. There was such a thick layer of ice in the middle of the snow that it created two problems. 1. It was really hard to break through it. 2. It made for heavy, heavy shovelfuls of snow.

Katie ended up being a big help for me. I would shovel as much as I could. Then Katie would come along and jump up and down on the edge of where I was shoveling to break the ice for me. Thank goodness for her!

This was the core of our snowfall - a thick layer of pure ice.

I tried to pick up some big pieces for my mom, but it was so heavy that it was easier to jump on it and break it.

I decided to measure the snow.

We had about six inches of snow at that point. The snow kept coming down this day too and we ended up with almost eleven inches in total.

I loved this little stick I found with ice covering the tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment