Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ballet Observation Class

About a week after Katie's Lyrical/Acro Observation Class, she had her Ballet Observation Class. She worked hard to look at people a little more. I was proud of her!

After warm-ups, we always begin our ballet lesson with work at the barre. 

We get in first position, and... 

...practice some plies. 

I tried my best to look at people as I danced. 

Sometimes we do plies with our feet in fifth position. 

We also do a lot of work with balance. 

We work on hand positions as well as feet positions. 

Even though there's a shadow across my face, I'm still smiling! 

We practice most of our moves while we hold the barre, and then as we're ready, we stop holding onto it. 

This is our tapping work at the barre.

After we got pretty good at tapping, we moved onto this.

We have to practice the splits in this class too. When we leap, we need to learn how to do the splits in the air! 

After barre work, we do floor exercises. We try to walk high on our toes with our legs straight. 

We also practice skipping across the room with a skip where our legs go behind us. 

I love to skip like this!

Of course, we practice our leaps too! 

Then we got ready for our group dance. 

My class learned this dance while I was in Disneyland, so I had some catch-up to do! 

I was concentrating hard! 

When we jump up, we focus on pointing our toes down while we're up in the air. 

This was my whole dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment