Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Celebrating the New Year

On New Year's Eve, Katie and I celebrated by watching the ball drop in Time Square. Even though we're in a different time zone, we are happy to celebrate with that section of our country and then we can go to bed!

Katie didn't remember a whole lot about New Year's Eve, so I had explained that we would watch a big ball drop as we counted down to the new year. We started watching TV about five minutes before the big event. As Katie waited, she looked out our living room window and could see city lights in the distance. She was sure that the lights were where the show was being filmed and that just added to her excitement.

Katie jumped up and down as the ball dropped and had so much fun celebrating at the end. After the ball drop, Katie said two things that made me laugh.

1. "It's a good thing it's 2018 because 2017 was getting too old!"

2. "When are they going to throw the ball?"  Katie claims that I said the ball would be thrown after it dropped on New Year's Eve. I'm pretty sure I never said that, but the idea of throwing it made me laugh. She was a little disappointed that the ball wouldn't be thrown.

I couldn't stop dancing as it was getting ready for the ball to drop!

How exciting! 

It was almost time for 2018 to begin! 

I tried to keep my eye on the TV, but... 

...I also wanted to watch out the window where I was pretty sure I could see the show being filmed! 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment