Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Getting to Town

The next day, we finished driving to Idaho and got into town that afternoon. It was a whirlwind day! The first day was spent taking care of our family graves.  Where I grew up, people spend Memorial Day putting flowers on the graves of everyone they cared about in addition to honoring the service members who gave their life for their country.

At first, Katie didn't want to take part. She thought the whole thing sounded sad. In the end, she understood that it wasn't a sad thing. It was about remembering happy times with people we knew. She didn't have the chance to meet any of them, but she has heard stories of them.

 As you drive into town, you see the Snake River Canyon. Aunt Jennifer and Grandma dropped my mom and me off on the initial side. 

My mom made me get a picture by this sagebrush because she said that it was the perfect representation of the area. I told her I would stand by it, but I didn't want to touch it!  I wasn't thrilled.

Then I got a picture with part of the bridge. 

It was pretty, but it didn't look like home. 

While Aunt Jennifer and Grandma drove across the bridge and waited on the other side, my mom and I walked across. I was brave but I wouldn't walk right next to the river side. 

While we walked across, Aunt Jennifer and Grandma spotted a bobcat somewhere down there! 

When we made it across, we had to get pictures from that side too. 

I love spending time with Grandma! 

While we were at the bridge, I looked down and found a decorated rock! 

It was my lucky day! 

We had one last picture before. we started our work. 

When we went to the store, this nice lady gave me a poppy for Memorial Day! 

Our friend, Dennis, was a florist and loves fresh flowers. Before we saw him, we played a joke. on him. We bought two random silk flowers and stuck them in the ground of one of his family graves, so he would find it when he got there. I love jokes! 

Later we met Dennis to shop for real flowers. I hadn't seen him since I was one! 

I helped put flowers on my great-grandparents' grave, and... 

...my great uncle's grave. 

Later, Dennis walked towards the grave that we had put the fake flowers on. 

He laughed at it, but I wasn't able to keep it a secret. I told him all about it before he saw it! 

After a while, I was getting tired for the trip and all of our work. My mom took me for a break while the rest of the graves were decorated. 

This cemetery has a pretty pond that we went to look at for awhile. 

I love the ducks there!

I wonder if they are the same ducks who lived there when my mom grew up! 

Next to the pond is a swing set. 

It was a nice break for me! 

 The last thing we did was go to the mall, so I could see it. I found one of my favorite stores and became a unicorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment