Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Seeing the Parks

Before it was already time to leave, we made two quick visits. First we visited the City Park, where I spent a lot of time growing up. There were a few good updates, but for the most part, it looked pretty much the same. It was fun being there. A lot of the town has changed with a big population boost, so it's nice to find familiar things.

We also wanted to take Katie to the Shoshone Falls park, so she could see the waterfalls. There was lots of water that day. In addition to the falls, it was windy and spurting rain throughout our time there. We didn't let a little bad weather get in the way of fun though.

Whenever we're on a trip, I love to visit parks. It gives me time to run free and just be a kid! 

My mom said the playground was a lot better than the old one that was here. 

I played on it for a long time! 

Aunt Jennifer wanted to take me to the lava rock fountain, but the water wasn't turned on. She used to climb on it, but you're not allowed to climb on it anymore. 

While we were walking through the park, we found this very playful squirrel. I loved it! 

This sculpture was in the park, so I pretended to be farming! 

My mom thinks I look really tall lately. I told her it's because I'm almost a second grader! 

Dennis came to join us for awhile in the park after awhile! 

While Dennis and Grandma talked, Aunt Jennifer put me in this tree. At first, I wasn't happy because she put me by a bee!

After awhile, I relaxed a little. 

After, we went to the Shoshone Falls Park. We got there before Dennis and Grandma, so we got a picnic table with this view! 

I was ready for a picnic! 

Even though it was windy and a little wet, we could still have a nice picnic. 

With all of the water going over, it was hard to get a clear view of the height of the falls, but they are taller than Niagra Falls. 

We were getting pretty wet as we stood close between the mist from the falls and the rain. 

It's always fun to watch waterfalls. 

Aunt Jennifer and I both liked standing here! 

We just watched for a bit. 

When we were walking back to the picnic table, I challenged Aunt Jennifer to run up this hill and see who could touch the tree first. She let me try on my own.

Running uphill... 

...is always harder... 

...than you think it will be, but... 

...I made it! 

 Aunt Jennifer told me that she used to roll down these hills and told me I should try it.

I wasn't too keen on the idea, but I gave it a try! 

Now she can say I did it! 

Between the wind and the hill, I thought I might roll down the hill the rest of the way, so I held onto this tree for support! 
This park was a fun adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment