Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Checking on the Blackberries

We knew it was almost blackberry season around here, so we decided to go check the progress. There weren't many blackberries ready for picking, but they weren't far away!

We used to mostly pick the berries right next to our house, but some of the bushes were cut back, so now we walk behind the house about a block. 

In a few weeks, I'll be able to fill this bin quickly. 

Grandma helped find some of the ripe berries. 

Even though there weren't a lot of berries ready, it was fun to check. 

Of course, I always like to look at the wild flowers that are mixed with the berries! 

I was excited about even getting a few berries. 

My mom and I were very excited about this weed that we saw because there were so many caterpillars up and down the branches that were filling up on the leaves. Can you find them? 

The berries will be ready soon! 

On the way back to the house, I decided I would check our nearby bushes too. 

I didn't find many berries, but I found some of my favorite daisies! 

Summer days are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment