Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Climbing Another Mountain

When it was time for Katie to go on another hike, we took her to one of our favorite mountains to climb. On a sunny day, you get to walk past a beautiful lake and then climb a mountain, and once you're on top of the mountain, you have a perfect view of up to five mountains. It's beautiful.

The day we took Katie, though, started off with partly cloudy skies and got cloudier and cloudier very quickly. It was still a nice hike, but she missed out on the good view at the top. When we reached the top, we really couldn't see anything. It was like we were in the middle of a cloud. Since we couldn't see very much, we focused on what we heard...the wind blowing through the trees and the doves cooing. It was very relaxing.

I brought my watch with me on this hike, so I could try to time us! 

We weren't far when Aunt Jennifer spotted the sleeping animal under the piece of wood. Can you see it?

It didn't take us long to reach the lake back behind me. 

I loved finding the big mushrooms in the woods. I've never seen mushrooms the size of those! 

It was a nice trek through the woods. 

When we got to the steep part of the hike, I found a good walking stick to help me. 

When we reached the very cloudy top, Aunt Jennifer had to point out where all of the mountains are, and I had to just imagine what they might look like.

While we ate our lunch, we listened to the very calm sounds. 

Just like our other hikes, we found some pretty flowers! 

There's a huge mountain standing right behind us, but you'd never know. 

 I always like to check out the rocks on the top of the mountains.

Before we headed back down, I got to talk to Grandma and check in with her. 

I took a little more time to take everything in. 

Then I was ready for the second half of our hike. 

I loved these flowers, and... 

...these flowers! 

I feel like I've gotten better and better at hiking. 

On the way down, I liked to race ahead of my mom and Aunt Jennifer and then calmly wait for them to catch up. 

At the end of this hike, it's all uphill. Aunt Jennifer and I took the wooden stairs, and my mom took the path because we wanted to see what was faster. It took the same amount of time, but I was pooped after 250 steps. 

It was a good thing the car was waiting, and I could sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment