Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

On the Road to Idaho

My mom, Garyldine, Jennifer, Katie, and I went to Idaho for an early Memorial Day. We all traveled in one car with my mom and Garyldine stuck in the back seat with Katie's car seat. They were pretty good sports about it though!  It was a short trip, but we were able to put flowers on the graves of family and friends in five cemeteries.  It was really nice to see our good friend, Dennis, again. He always guarantees a few laughs!

Luggage for the Trip - There was less luggage on the China trip last year!

Garyldine and Grandma - all smiles and energy to begin the trip. 

Eating Lunch with my New Cousins 

Lunch wiped me out!

Meeting my new friend, Annabelle, at Dennis' parents' house!

Grandma and Dennis at the first cemetery!

This cemetery has a duck pond! Quack, quack! 

Walking with Grandma in the second cemetery!

Beginning the Trip Back Home - Less Enthusiastic Smiles and Less Energy

I'm so happy! This is the last cemetery to stop at! 

As you can see, it was a beautiful rainy and cold day! 

"Scary Baby" Face at our Starbucks Stop on the Way Home!

So happy to be home, clean, and reading my book in my new chair from Idaho!


No comments:

Post a Comment