Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chinese New Year - Year of the Snake

When Chinese New Year comes around, I like to acknowledge it with Katie. Since she's so young, I don't do a lot yet, but I anticipate doing more as she gets older. This year, I bought a book for Katie about Chinese New Year. She liked looking at the pictures and learning some of the new words in it. She also came to my school to join one of my former students as she shared about Chinese New Year.

I like to dress her in some traditional clothes. One of her outfits this year came from our trip to China. She had it on the other night and decided to celebrate by playing her instruments for us.

I'm ready for the new year!

Another outfit was a gift from my former students and her mom. I couldn't believe how generous they were to buy her the dress!

 I love playing with the pattern blocks in my mom's classroom!

I can't believe you have a dress just like me!

Her last surprise outfit was one that one of my friends gave her before she was even home from China. I was shocked that it still fits!

It still fits, Nina!

No comments:

Post a Comment