Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Crayons and Paper

Katie spends lots of time with her crayons and different types of paper. The other day, she wanted me to draw something in her drawing book. I decided to write the alphabet and some numbers instead of a picture because I thought she would like it. I've been amazed lately that she is able to identify quite a few letters. Her favorite letter (I think) is O. She loves to point out Os whenever she sees them. One day I was driving her somewhere, and she started shouting, "O! O! O!" It took me awhile, but I finally saw that she was looking at a sign on a building that did indeed have a letter O.

When I finished writing the alphabet, I proudly showed my work to Katie, and she quickly started drawing all over it.  I thought she must have wanted a picture instead of letters. It turned out she was still happy even though she was coloring over what I wrote. She kept trying to say the letters as she colored over the top of them.

These things down here aren't as familiar as the letters up there! 

 Seven! Seven!

I love my crayons!

When Katie finished coloring over the top of the alphabet and numbers, she decided to draw me a picture on one of her envelopes. When she was done, she wanted to give it to me. Instead of handing me the envelope like most people would, she handed it to me the way she learned from Chloe. Into the mouth went the envelope! She carried it to me in her mouth just like Chloe carries her toys in her mouth.

I'll just draw a quick picture before I give it to my mom. 

I'm glad Chloe showed me how to put things in my mouth! 

No hands! 

Now I can use my hands to help me stand and still carry my envelope! 

Yuck! That tasted bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment