Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

A New Recipe

One night, I went to get some things for dinner, and Katie chose to stay home with her Aunt Jennifer. Jennifer was working, and Katie decided to make a new recipe…her version of chocolate chip cookies. She was so incredibly proud of her work. When I got home, she gave me the recipe.

1. Mix some baking soda and water on a plate.
2. When it's smooth, scatter some chocolate chips on top.
3. Put the plate in the refrigerator so the cookie hardens.

After dinner, she couldn't wait to try her dessert. When she realized she couldn't pick the cookie up, she just put the plate to her face. It took a minute for the taste to get to her, but when it did, she ran as fast as she could to rinse out her mouth. When she returned, she announced that the cookie was yucky and decided to just pick off the chocolate chips to eat. After the first chocolate chip, it was another mad round of rinsing out her mouth. She decided that everything tasted yucky and would have to throw it away. I'm sure it hasn't slowed down her motivation to create new recipes though!

I was pretty proud of my chocolate chip cookie creation. 

I couldn't wait to get the first taste, but when the taste sunk in, I had to rinse out my mouth. 

I went to the table to try just one chocolate chip, but when I tasted it, I ran away to get water so fast that my picture was blurry! 

It had such promise, but it just didn't pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment