Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween at the Zoo

Our zoo had their Halloween celebration the weekend before Halloween. Katie was so excited to be able to dress up and go trick-or-treating at the zoo. It was a fun morning!

We got to the zoo before it opened, but there was already a long line to get in.

We took the less crowded path. I loved running and letting my princess cape catch the wind!

The zoo sent us on a scavenger hunt. With each stop, I got to go trick-or-treating and get a stamp on my paper.

The seal was my first stop.

There's something so fun about these kinds of pictures!

Next, we found the penguin enclosure.

It didn't smell very good in there, but...

...the penguins are sure cute!

I felt like I fit right in.

One of our stops was the new insect house. It was nice to go in the warmth for awhile.

The aquarium behind me was full of beetles!

I always like to stop and see the bats. I think it's so interesting how they hang and crawl upside down. 

Of course, I had to visit my favorite animals!

I love how tall giraffes are!

Time to trick-or-treat.

I got a little giraffe toy! How perfect!

Jennifer and I tried to get a closer look at some of the animals, but the binoculars weren't working.

We were excited to see the rhinos up and moving.

The lions were napping, but they looked pretty cute!

I went in the bubble to try to spot a mongoose close-up, but they were actually easier to see outside of the bubble.

Hmm...my arms aren't quite as long.

Another stop was the California Condors. We learned why they sometimes hold their wings out as they stand and why their heads are bald. I thought it was sort of yucky.

Of course, it's tradition to stop at my favorite statue on the way out.

We had to turn in my scavenger hunt paper at the gift store to be entered into a drawing, and Aunt Jennifer made me try on this funny flamingo hat!

My first trick-or-treating experience at the zoo was a success.

My treats were all pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment