Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Birthday Hike

The day after Jennifer's birthday, we went to one of her favorite places - Lost Lake. We had a picnic and then we went on a hike around the lake.

I loved the rocks by our picnic table. My legs are long enough now that I can easily walk from rock to rock! 

We all made it to the picnic table and were ready for lunch! 

 After eating, Aunt Jennifer, my mom, and I got ready to hike around the lake.

Part of the hike has a boardwalk through nature. 

I was a little concerned when I started seeing the bugs out in nature, but... 

...I did like seeing all the trees and greenery. 

Some of the paths were narrow where the bushes had grown big. I just hugged my arms in tight to get through. 

This is my absolute favorite part of the hike where I'm right by the lake. I pick out the perfect rock,... 

...hold it high above my head,... 

...watch it fly,... 

...until... 

....SPLASH! 

I try all different sizes of rocks. 

I could stay in this spot all day, but we eventually always have to go. 

On the way back, we took time to appreciate some wild flowers. 

These were my favorites! 
I hope you had a happy birthday, Aunt Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment