Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, December 27, 2020

A Return Gift

When Katie received her gift from her friend, she had been thinking about a gift to also give her friend. She decided to make her some snowman slime.

The best part of her gift was dropping it off. We drove the gift to Libby's house when it was dark. I walked Katie to the front stairs, and I told her to act like a Secret Santa and quietly go drop the gift on the porch. Katie was very nervous because the house was all lit up with inside lights, so she knew people were around. Taking the "Secret Santa" title seriously, she hunched over and tiptoed up the stairs. As soon as she got to the top, Libby's dog heard Katie and erupted in barks and ran to the front window. When Katie heard the dog, her eyes got big and she started sprinting as fast as I've ever seen her. I wish I had it on video. It was so funny! When we got back to the car, Katie decided that she probably shouldn't be a Secret Santa. We laughed a lot that whole night!

I decorated a small jar to look like a snowman and added my slime.

I was so happy that Libby liked her gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment