Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Trip to the Library

While I was on my Spring Break, I was happy to be able to take Katie back to the Story Time at our local library. During the school year, my mom continues to take her there, but I always miss going. I had so much fun watching how Katie has changed since the last time I was there with her. She was very independent. As soon as she got in the room, she took off and she was on her own. I was used to her wandering off and then coming back to see me or sit with me, but she was perfectly happy to enjoy the surroundings by herself.

Before the stories began, she had fun gathering all of the toy pigs that she could find. When she got tired of that, she handed toys to other kids who needed them.

When the stories and songs started, Katie took an active part in everything. She even felt like it was her job to help others. She'd watch other kids during a dance or a movement song, and when she saw someone who needed help, she'd move their hands for them…hopefully without being too pushy about it. I just sat back dumbfounded as I thought back to when I first took her there. She'd sit on my lap the whole time and listen nicely, but she was so reserved. It was so much fun to see her interacting so comfortably.

After the stories, Katie did the finger painting craft. She was thrilled that it was a non-messy finger painting activity. The finger paints were in Ziploc bags, and the toddlers practiced making letters with an adult.  As it was time to leave, Katie waved good-bye to her much-loved library teacher and left her with a big hug!

I'm so happy to be at the library! 

There are sure a lot of people in this room! 

It's always fun to see the toys that they have.
The girl next to me is really nice. I take good care of her! 

Do you want this toy? 

There's Miss Kendra! I love her! 

I wonder if I should help that girl with her arm movements. 

Guess what I'm doing? My curly-haired friend and I decided it would be fun to peel the name stickers off of kids and stick them on her vest. Shhh…I'm taking one right now. 

These scarves are so much fun! We dance with them. 

Bubbles are starting! 

I'm the only one who tried to catch one with my mouth. 

My artwork was for one of my very favorite dogs, Sam.


No comments:

Post a Comment