Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter, 2013!

Katie had a good Easter this year.

Katie started the day by reviewing her shapes while she waited for everyone else to wake up and celebrate. I have some foam shapes that Katie loves to match up to a corresponding poster. She was so proud of herself this week when she learned to recognize an octagon, or in Katie language, an "ocgon."

Hmmm…where does this square go? 

It's an ocgon!

After eating breakfast and playing for awhile, Katie got dressed, and we went outside to search for the Easter Bunny. (The Easter Bunny didn't visit our house until the afternoon this year.) It was already a beautiful day with the sun shining! 

I hope I recognize the Easter Bunny!

Is he down this hill? 

Whoa! This hill is a little steeper than I thought it was. 

Do I hear something? 

I see something up the hill! 

Up there! It's not a bunny, but it might be eggs.

I didn't find Easter eggs yet.
I found Easter rocks! 

This was fun.

Then Katie came along to do some last-minute grocery shopping for Easter dinner. She had lots of fun riding in the cart with the car attached. She didn't want to go home once she drove all over the store!

I like to drive using two steering wheels!

After I got dinner in the oven, Katie took a nap. She actually ended up sleeping through our early dinner. When she woke up, the Easter Bunny had visited. It took her awhile to completely wake up and figure out that there was a basket for her. She did snap out of it, however, as soon as she opened up some bubbles. That Easter Bunny sure knows Katie. Once she had her bubbles, everything was about bubbles for a long time!

Katie's Easter Basket

Hey, what's that basket doing there? 

Are those things really for me? 

Look at this light-up ring! 

I love bubbles! 

I could blow bubbles all day!

When we could finally pull Katie away from her bubbles, we took her on on an Easter egg hunt. The Easter Bunny hid part of the eggs inside and part outside. Katie, being Katie, especially liked going outside to find eggs. She would get really excited when she'd see eggs, and announce very clearly, "EGGS!" However, she wouldn't pick up any of the eggs that were sitting in the bark/dirt. She'd point them out to us and make us pick them up. She really doesn't like dirt!

EGG! 

Those are touching the dirt.
Will you please get it, Aunt Jennifer? 

Look at all of my eggs!

After we got back in, it was time to enjoy the rest of the day.

Chloe sure wants my eggs. She saw me get a cracker out of one of them. 

I got an Easter card with Elmo on it.
It's from Sam - oh yeah, and Garyldine and Jim! 

It has a picture inside that I can color! 

Aunt Jennifer taught me how to make a salad! 

It needs a little oil and vinegar. 

Salad is good even when it's made of felt and wood! 

The salad bowl also makes a good hat! 

It was fun to color my picture! 

Did you know that a pinwheel makes a good guitar? 

Ta-da! 

Let me take a bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment