Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, April 12, 2013

The Museum of Flight

During my Spring Break, my parents, Jennifer, and I took Katie on a road trip. We went to The Museum of Flight by Seattle.  Like always, Katie was a pretty good traveler. It was fun to look at the museum and explore how the history of flight has changed.

Katie was able to walk through a former Air Force One jet that was used by Presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon. She also walked through a Concorde jet.  She liked the airplanes for sure, but she especially liked walking up the steps to get onto the planes.

We spent the greatest amount of time in the World War II section of the museum. It's amazing to even compare those planes to our current planes.

At the end of our visit, Katie discovered a room designed for kids. She was able to "fly" a helicopter with her grandma. Since our trip, we've been hearing lots and lots about airplanes and helicopters!

I can hold my arms like an airplane, Aunt Jennifer! 

Aren't you going to stop and read that? 

It's always fun to stand in front of a shuttle model! 

How did three astronauts fit in there? 

Grandpa and Grandma had to stand in front of Air Force One.

Now it's my turn! I sure look little though!

I can walk just like you, Grandpa! 

I really liked the model planes. 

There was a button I could push in front of this bench. It would play World War II music that I liked a lot. After I pushed the button, I'd just sit and listen. 

I LOVED this! I pushed the button, and it would sound just like an airplane motor starting!  I tried it out at least ten times. 

We found a room just for kids! 

Let's take off, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment