Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, October 31, 2014

A Surprise Gift

My friend, Noreen, was nice enough to think about Katie and send her some of her music boxes in the mail. She knows how much Katie loves music, so she thought she would enjoy the music boxes.

When the box arrived, Katie was very excited to open it. She recognizes Noreen's writing right away and always knows she'll love whatever is inside. She opened the box, and the first thing she found were some old towels that Noreen wrapped the music boxes in. Katie pulled one out and loudly exclaimed, "Look what Grammy Noreen got me! A towel! Did you see? I LOVE it!" It was so funny!

I showed her that something had actually been wrapped in the towels, and she was excited to find the music boxes too. She actually played them all for a long time and watched them while she tried to figure out how they work.

After awhile, she got up and gathered the four towels, hugged them, and said, "Towels! Just what I always wanted! I love them so much!"

Don't worry, Noreen…she loves the music boxes too, but she couldn't get over the special-ness of the towels you packed!

There's nothing better than getting a box in the mail!

Grammy Noreen send me a beautiful towel!

Oh my goodness! There's something else in here.

The music coming out of it is beautiful!

Music is so calming!

There were more music boxes to be found.

This one was so pretty!

After the angel, I found a horse!

Then I found an organ! They were all so much fun to listen to!

I had to go back to the towels at the end! I loved them so much!

This was my favorite towel! It was so soft!

I had lots of picnics with my new towels!

Thank you, Grammy Noreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment