Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, October 24, 2014

A Trip to the Beach

We decided to take advantage of a milder fall day and go to the beach. It's always a fun day when we go there.

I was excited for the beach since we hadn't gone for about a year! 

I thought I might need two pairs of sunglasses for the trip. 

Before we went to the beach, we stopped at a restaurant. I wasn't so sure about it…it smelled awfully fishy! 

I was so excited to get to the beach! On the way there, my mom bought me my first sand bucket and shovel! 

I felt like I was digging for treasure. 

I loved it! 

While I dug, my mom and grandma found this seaweed growing from a rock. It looked interesting to me too! 

Aunt Jennifer joined me in sand-digging. She showed me how the bucket could help make a sand castle. 

She built a castle with a moat! 

It was beautiful! 

I added sticks for flags. 

Then I asked Aunt Jennifer to help me dig a swimming pool. It wasn't very long ago that I didn't even want to touch sand. I've come a long way! 

My mom and grandma went for a walk while Aunt Jennifer and I built things. They were looking for shells for me, but found an alien-looking jelly fish corpse instead. 

While they were on their walk, Aunt Jennifer let me run all the way to them. 

I ran a long way, but... 

…I had plenty of energy to run back! 

I even danced in the sand once I found Aunt Jennifer again! 

Logs at the beach are very different and interesting. 

The birds are interesting too. Aunt Jennifer and I went to look at the birds. 

We knew there were seagulls, but we were shocked to see the large birds. While we were watching them, we got caught in a short downpour!

After we watched the birds, I decided to draw Rapunzel in the sand. 

The whole day was just happy! 

I drew a little more before we left. 

I also wanted to destroy the castle before we left, so no one else would. 

Finally, my mom and I stopped for a picture. We loved our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment