Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Going to Lost Lake

Since we missed our annual trip to Lost Lake on Jennifer's birthday when we were in Disneyland, we decided to go a couple of weeks ago. We knew it was supposed to be a cloudy day with a 30% chance of rain, but we decided we could still enjoy the lake.

Of course, as we drove closer to the lake, which is closer to the mountains, it became very clear that we would have a 100% chance of pretty hard rain. We still went though. Our meal was a little cold, but we made it through our meal and made it on our hike around the lake.

It was Katie's second year around the lake completely on her own two feet. Although she makes it, she's tired by the end. She sat down in the car afterward and was asleep within minutes.

I packed my backpack before we left on the picnic. Of course, I brought along my light-up Christmas tree. That's important on a picnic and a hike. 

We decided to take the dogs with us. 

They all wanted to sit up with us, but they had to stay in the back. 

When we got to the wet park, we spread the dog blanket out on the wet picnic bench. 

Sophie got dirty right away! 

 The dogs had to be tied up while we ate lunch. They didn't mind though.

Grandma and I were cold but happy! 

Luckily, my mom found some of Aunt Jennifer's gloves in her car. I got to wear them as we started on our hike. 

My mom and I stopped for a picture at the beginning of our hike. 

I liked the parts of our hike with a wooden walkway. 

I tried to keep up with Aunt Jennifer and the dogs, but they were fast! 

My favorite part of the hike is when we're right next to the lake, and I can throw rocks in the water. 

My arm is a lot stronger than it used to be. 

Can you see my rock fly? 

I called Sadie over to watch my rock. 

She wanted to chase it, but we have a lab who is scared of the water. 

When we stopped by the water later, Sadie kept a safe distance. 

Aunt Jennifer and I stopped for a picture, but the grey day made it hard for our faces to show up.
Even though I got tired, I was proud of myself for making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment