Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween at the Zoo

Last weekend, we took Katie to the zoo Halloween celebration. We also invited her friend, Kai, to join her. When we entered the zoo, Katie and Kai were given a scavenger hunt paper. They were given seven clues about animals. When they found those animals, they got a treat for their Halloween bucket. Katie had so much fun!

We were ready to get some treats! 

When I'm with Kai, we feel brave enough to take off on our own! 

Sometimes our treat was a piece of candy, sometimes it was a mask we could color, and sometimes it was a little toy.

We solved the clue! Off to the next stop! 

At this stop, we got to learn about bats. 

I loved what this girl taught us about bats! 

Kai and I were happy with all of the treats we were getting! 

After each stop, I'd read the next clue so we could figure out where to go next. 

Of course, we had to stop for a bit at the jeep by the cheetahs. 

We were lucky to get the front seats. That doesn't happen very often. 

I found the alligator! Did you? 

We decided to observe the mongooses for a bit! 

Then we both took turns measuring up against the flamingos! 

After we had solved all of the clues, we stopped at the animal statues and played. 

Kai and I are good at sharing space! 

Before we left, I stopped at my favorite mountain goat statue. 

Thanks for coming with me, Kai! I loved every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment