Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

The Jack-o-Lanterns

This year, Katie made two jack-o-lanterns. The first one was done completely on her own. She asked for a small, white pumpkin at the grocery store, and she just used a Sharpie to draw faces around the pumpkin. She was able to fit four faces - one on each side of the pumpkin.

For the second jack-o-lantern, Katie wanted to carve one of the pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. She chose to have an owl pattern on it.

This was my Jack-o-lantern that I made all by myself. I loved it!

 Here was the pumpkin I chose to carve.

I wanted to help with the carving. 

It was a little harder than I anticipated. 

I got the top off and saw lots of seeds and pulp inside! 

I had to scoop and scoop. 

This was also harder than I thought. 

I thought it would come out easier, but I had to scrape the sides a lot. 

After we traced our stencil on the pumpkin, we started to carve it out. 

After a lot of work, we were done. 

I thought it looked good at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment