Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

A Gingerbread House

Each year my class makes little gingerbread houses at school, and I always bring  a few of the leftovers home so Katie can make one. It's always fun!

I always start by frosting the milk carton, so I can add the walls.
(Even though I look serious in these pictures, I was having a good time. I just take the work seriously!) 

Once all the sids are covered, I can add the walls. 

Next I started adding the decorations. 

Give me a knife with frosting, and I can make anything stick! 

I discovered that it's better to be careful and patient with each piece than to rush. 

It was fun to make the roof pieces! 

I ate one of the chocolate pieces. It had a little bit of flavor, but yum! 

I was getting a lot of candy on my house, and I also found places to make a pattern. 

The gumdrops kind of tasted funny, so I just threw the extras out after I was done decorating. 

Finally it was done! 

I liked it! 

My favorite part was the sled! 

After I finished the house, I took one final lick of the frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment