Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, January 7, 2019

Making Christmas Cookies

This year, we had to wait until almost the last minute to make our Christmas cookies. We had tried to make them the few weekends before Christmas, but between Katie and me, we were sick every weekend. Katie usually likes to make gingerbread cookies, but I convinced her to try sugar cookies this year.

I like to help with every step along the way. 

Of course the sugar was an important ingredient. 

This is the first year I got to use the hand mixer. I think I did a good job with it. 

After we made the dough, we had to put the dough in the refrigerator to chill. 

After chilling, we got to roll out the dough and start making shapes. 

My mom and I took turns cutting out the cookies. 

Then we got to add the sprinkles. 

I tried to use every type of sprinkle. 

They turned out perfectly! 

Ta-da! 

I decided to add icing to the second pan. 

I left some plain, but I loved the icing!

No comments:

Post a Comment