Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Dancing Performance

The week before Christmas, Katie had her tap dance performance where families are invited to come and watch a dance class and then enjoy treats afterward. As much as she loves to dance and dances all the time, she always gets a little nervous during these performances and has a really hard time looking at her family. We still enjoyed it even if she wasn't looking our way. I'm proud of her work!

All of us were so excited as we waited for everyone to get to the studio! 

It was fun to enjoy time with my friends before the performance began. 

Once we began, we all had our spots to stand on. 

We practiced some of our basic steps for our families. 

There's something about tap dance that I just love! 

Every once in a while, I looked in the direction of my family, but I usually try to just watch my teacher. 

I wish everyone could experience the fun of dance. 

We did some warm-ups, practiced specific steps, practiced our Christmas dance, and performed our practice dance. 

I see you looking at me. 

After the class, I spent some time with my best dance friend! 

We enjoyed some cookies together while her brother joined us! 

This was our best smile with our mouths full of cookies! 

This is part of how we warm up.

We each got to try some pull-backs by ourselves. We worked really hard to get the taps right with these.

This was another one of our warm-ups.

Before we performed our dance, we practiced the dance in small parts.

This was our Christmas dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment