Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Rock Tumbler

Katie got a rock tumbler from Garyldine and Jim this Christmas, and she absolutely couldn't wait to start using it. We had to learn how to use it together, and we discovered that there are four rounds to polishing rocks.

The first thing I had to do was to wash the rocks that I had. 

I moved them to the towel to get them dry. 

When they were all clean, I got to add them to the tumbler. 

I still had extra space in the tumbler, so I added the rest of the rocks. 

This is what my rocks looked like before any tumbling. 

Next, I had to add some "grit" to rub against the rocks and smooth out their edges. 

The grit was powdery. 

Then we added water, and put the tumbler on the machine that turns it. 

 I watched it tumble for awhile, but then I left it to do it's thing for five days.
When it got done, I would have to go through three more rounds of grit.
I couldn't wait to see what they looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment