Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, August 24, 2015

A Political Rally

With Katie's interest in presidents, we decided to take her to a political rally. Bernie Sanders was in town to speak. When we told Katie he was one of the people that was trying to be the next president, of course she wanted to go and be a part of the rally.

Even though Katie didn't understand everything being talked about, she had fun clapping and cheering at every opportunity. It was fun just to watch her.

Since the rally, Katie is very aware when Bernie Sanders appears on the news. "There's Bernie! I saw him! He wants to be the president!" She'll also call him "President Bernie" at times.

The other thing that Katie is excited about is that she saw Bernie Sanders get a drink of water during his speech. Then when we got to the car, she noticed that her water bottle was the same brand as his. "We drink the same water!" What could be better?

Before the rally, we got to stop and have dinner. 

I didn't know that I could get a free sticker when I went! That was pretty exciting! 

We had to sit up high, but it was still fun! 

There was a crowd of 28,000 people who showed up!

While I waited for things to start, I played the piano with the music.

I'm pretty sure Bernie was waving right at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment