Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

The County Fair

Katie was excited for the county fair to come again. We went early the first day it opened, and we stayed longer than we had ever stayed. We spent a lot of our time with animals there. Katie wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel, but she still wasn't tall enough for it. She found other entertainment though!

I got to pet my first chicken. I liked it!

Then I petted a soft bunny.

I thought this was a funny looking rabbit!

The cows always make me smile.

When I saw this tree, I couldn't believe its beauty. I asked my mom to take my picture in front of it, so I could always remember it.

Nothing says "county fair" like John Deere!

Aunt Jennifer and I love to take these kinds of pictures. We made good bees!

I've never seen a sheep getting trimmed. It was fun to watch.

The day was getting hot, so I spent some time under the misting tent. I loved it!

When I got done, I went through the small maze with Aunt Jennifer.

I was excited and a little nervous when I found Spiderman!

This was, by far, my favorite thing at the fair this year. I got to be in a bubble on top of the water. I was like a hamster in a wheel!

It was so much fun!

Afterwards, my mom helped me with my socks and shoes while I dreamed of getting back in the bubble!

After that excitement, I decided to paint a picture.

Then I built a tower out of blocks.

We went back outside, and I played my favorite fishing game until I won a beautiful unicorn.

Then we went to see a parrot show.

After the show, the pirate let me hold one of his parrots.

The claws hurt a little as the parrot sat on me, but I told my mom afterward that I wanted a parrot for a sister.

I also got to pet his green parrot.

When the parrot show was over, I went to ride a pony.

I really wanted to ride Pearl in honor of Sophie Pearl Wagon, but I got on Dolly instead. I loved her!

After the pony ride, I went in a bounce house, and then I saw these clowns performing. They made me laugh a lot, especially when they were throwing toilet paper at each other.

After another round in the misting tent, I showed everyone how wet my hair was!

I decided to try one more thing on my way out of the fair. I was going to jump on the trampoline with bungee cords.

First, I did small jumps. Then the jumps...

…got higher and...

higher! It was fun!

I was getting the hang of this high jumping thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment