Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Happy Birthday, Aunt Jennifer!

For Jennifer's birthday yesterday, we went back to our favorite lake for a picnic and a hike around the lake. Katie, as always, was very excited to go on a picnic. She was even more excited when we decided to take the puppies with us to see how they'd do.

When we got to the lake, it was a little chilly at first, but we've been there when it has been colder, and it's always fun no matter what the temperatures are. We enjoyed our lunch, and then before we left on our hike, Katie decided she wanted to stand in the lake with the dogs. At one point, Katie got tied up in dog leashes, and Bailey's leash was accidentally let go. Bailey took off running down the edge of the lake. Luckily, she had just learned the command, "Come!" in puppy school the day before, and it worked like magic! We got everyone safely out of the lake, and took off for our hike.

This was the first year Katie made it completely around the lake on her own. She was good and tired by the end of the hike, but she did it! The dogs were successful as well. They just ended up more gray than white by the end of our adventure! After all of the activity, Katie and the dogs had a long time to sleep and recover on the way home. It was a good day!

Who doesn't love a good picnic? 

After I ate, I thought I was really funny when I kept closing my eyes for a picture with Grandma! 

By the time I got to Aunt Jennifer, I opened my eyes again. 

I was excited to get the dogs and try out the lake. 

Bailey was really dirty before we even started the walk! I've never seen her so dirty. 

The water was cold, but it was still fun to stand in the lake. 

There was lots to look at on the bottom of the lake. 

It wasn't long after this that Bailey took off on her freedom run! 

I was so happy to be this close to what I call "Elsa's mountain." 

The trees around here are so tall! 

I could barely find the top of them. 

I stopped for a picture with my mom. 

There's always so much to take in when you're in the woods. 

Part of the hike was on wooden paths. They were my favorite parts! 

I liked the strange trees we saw. 

Sometimes I'd see small streams by our path. 

I liked the greenery that we saw. 

Another favorite part of this hike was when we walked right next to the lake, and I got to throw some rocks in the water. 

Sometimes I threw low, and... 

…sometimes I threw high! 

As we continued, I found a potato friend! 

Whoever did this was pretty creative! 

 It was a fun day out in nature. Happy birthday, Aunt Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment