Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Looking for "The Little Mermaid"

Not only does Katie think the mountain we live by is "Elsa's Mountain," but she also thinks the river we live by is "Ariel's Ocean." On my last free day of summer, we decided to take a walk next to the river, so we could look for Ariel.  Unfortunately we never found Ariel in the water, but Katie did see "the glitter that Ariel left" on top of the water. The glitter just happened to be where the sun hit the water.

The funny thing that happened on this walk was Katie was in a posing mood. Most the time she saw my phone come out, she'd pose, and every time she'd hear the camera click, she'd quickly change her pose for a new picture. She's a creative model.

As soon as we got to the walking path, I led the way. 

We didn't get very far until the dogs and I were distracted by something. 

It was a very fast caterpillar! 

I wanted a picture. Take 1. 

Take 2. 

Take 3. 

Take 4. 

Take 5.  

After all of that posing, I needed to rest on a rock. 

I got enough energy to hop off it though. 

This was the perfect place to look for Ariel. 

I was trying to be sneaky so I wouldn't scare Ariel off. I didn't see her, but I saw all the glitter on the water behind me. Ariel must have put that there! 

Do you want to take my picture again? Take 1. 

Take 2. 

Take 3.  

Take 4. 

Take 5. 

Take 6. 

Take 7. 

Take 8. 

Take 9. 

Take 10. 

Take 11. 

Take 12. 

Take 13.  

Take 14. 

Before we turned around to leave, I spotted one more thing that I wanted... 

…a beautiful flower. 

So long, Ariel! 

We'll see you the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment