Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Halloween Celebration

Katie's pre-school has an evening Halloween celebration, so students can come dressed in their costumes and have fun with their friends. Katie loves to go and get her treats. They give out things like erasers, puzzles, and pencils. The one treat students get to eat is Katie's favorite - an orange!

Katie has been having a hard time throughout this season trying to decide which of her costumes she wanted to wear. With this celebration, she decided to be Tinkerbell since it was held inside. That costume is a little chilly this time of year for an outside costume, so this was the perfect opportunity.

As I drove Katie to the celebration, I reminded her that she had to say, "Trick or Treat," when she saw someone giving treats away. I then reminded her that she had to say, "Thank you," when she got something. After the reminder, I heard a quiet and continual chant coming from the back seat. "Trick or treat…thank you! Trick or treat…thank you! Trick or treat…thank you!"

My costume reminded me of being at Disneyland last year! I want to go back! 

I waited patiently at the school to get all of my treats! While I waited, I found friends that were in my class.

When I got home, I looked a little different!

No comments:

Post a Comment