Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Halloween, 2015!

We had a soaking wet Halloween this year. Katie had plans to go trick-or-treating with my mom, Garyldine, and Aunt Jody. When the weather wasn't letting up, Garyldine and I decided it might be safer to take Katie out to the mall for trick-or-treating. The mall's celebration began at 4:00, so Garyldine and Aunt Jody came to pick up Katie and my mom. We went out to meet them to find that our road was completely flooded. The water wasn't just covering the road and sidewalks, it was covering a good portion of driveways.

Jennifer saw Garyldine's car turn on our road, and she stopped her at the end of the road. I picked up Katie, and Jennifer led us over our neighbors' driveways and through their yards and through the rushing rivers in between the houses, and we finally made it to the car. The trick-or-treaters headed to the very busy mall and worked their way from store to store.

After they left the mall, the rain had let up some, so they went to Garyldine's friends' house and to a few other houses before making their way back. Katie had a very good time, and it will probably be a Halloween to remember.

One of my favorite moments this season…Katie and I were talking the night before Halloween. She knew she was going out trick-or-treating while I passed out candy to the kids who came to our house. We had a mixed bag of candy to hand out that included Kit Kats. Katie said, "When you hand out candy, don't hand out Kit Kats, okay? They're my favorite!" I told her I'd save some Kit Kats for her. Then she thought a little bit more and said, "Well, all of that candy is pretty good. Why don't you just give the kids a trick instead. You can tell them all a joke. They'd like that!" I thought it was a very clever way of trying to keep all of the candy that she would never eat anyway. As it turns out, we still have all of the candy since no one could get down our road anyway!

I was ready to go trick-or-treating early in the day! 

 I decided to dress as Rapunzel on her wedding day!

I loved her dress in Tangled Ever After!

When I went to go trick-or-treating, I was trapped and we had to try to get down the road without getting too wet! I stayed dry since my mom carried me. Everyone else was wet.

After trick-or-treating at the mall, we went out for the real deal! 

Trick-or-treat! 

Our first stop was at Jason and Nadia's house. I got to play with Ella and see her baby brother! 

My former music teacher was there too. As soon as I saw her, I had to give her a hug! 

I was so happy to see her! 

I got to see Ella's bedroom, and... 

…I got to play in her kitchen. 

She even let me play with her remote control Palace Pet. 

Afterwards, I got to visit my neighbor with her two friendly, really big poodles! He even let me pet them. 

After a few more houses, we made our way back home.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment