Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Find from the Zoo

Since we were at the zoo to celebrate Katie's birthday, I let her choose something from the gift shop to take home, and I loved what she chose. She chose an activity kit. It was a sandstone paw print that came with excavating tools, and she was able to dig a surprise animal out of the paw print. She was very entertained by it, and it took lots of patience to find her animal. It was fun to watch her persistence pay off!

I couldn't wait to see what animal was hiding in my paw print! 

I really wanted to find a giraffe or a zebra. 

I saw a small piece of the animal peeking out, but I still didn't know what it was. 

I was excited to find the animal but also excited to play with the sand that I was chipping off the paw print. 

I kept working and working until it got too hot on the deck to work. 

I got a bit more uncovered inside and guessed that it might be a rhinoceros. Then I took a little break. 

When I went back later, I found a rhinoceros! 

I had guessed right!

No comments:

Post a Comment