Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Look Who's Six!

I can't believe that Katie turned six yesterday. Time moves so quickly. She was very excited about her birthday, but she's also pretty sure she's going to miss being five because it was so much fun.

This year, Katie wanted to go the zoo for her birthday, but she wanted to go on a weekend, so we'll be doing that tomorrow. She's so excited to go and see her favorite animals.

As she turned a year older, I asked her some of her favorites to mark this moment in time.

What is your favorite color?
Pink

What is your favorite toy?
My Barbies and princesses

What is your favorite fruit?
Watermelon

What is your favorite TV show?
Mickey Mouse Club House
Elena of Avalor

What is your favorite outfit?
Dresses

What is your favorite game?
Princess Pop-Up Magic Castle Game

What is your favorite snack?
Cucumbers

What is your favorite animal?
Giraffe and Bailey Boo

What is your favorite song?
"Let It Go" 
"Yankee Doodle"

What is your favorite book?
All of my Elephant and Piggie books and any princess book

What is your favorite thing to do at school?
Making friends

What is your favorite sport?
Dancing

What is your favorite thing to have for breakfast?
Pancakes with nothing on them

What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Going to the playground

What is your favorite drink?
Lemonade

What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween

What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Collie, my stuffed dog

What is your favorite thing to have for dinner?
Fettucine with tomatoes and olives

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A princess fly-catcher big sister


First thing in the morning, I found a surprise from Garyldine, Jim, and Aunt Jody! 

I couldn't believe what I was seeing! 

What a fantastic way to begin my day! 

There were even cupcakes with my new bike! 

Later that day, I spent some time at Garyldine's house. We got to watch a Barbie movie together. 

When my mom got home from work, she took me to one of my favorite restaurants. I love to do all of the puzzles on my menu! 

I was going to wait until we went to the zoo to open my presents, but I decided I couldn't wait any longer! My mom let me start with what she said was the most special present.

She knew I'd laugh when I opened it up and found two tubes of toothpaste! That was a pretty funny, special present. 

My mom got me this book. I love Peppa Pig! 

Aunt Jennifer got me this Barbie. She came with a dog that I can feed treats to, and the dog poops, and I can pick it up. I love it! I picked up poop all night! 

I also got a package of Barbie clothes. 

Grandma and Grandpa got me this fun rhyming book. 

They also got me a new board game. It seemed like a celebration for the dogs too as they enjoyed all of the paper!

I couldn't believe when I opened Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe's card and found real money inside! 

I wanted everyone to see their card! 

Finally it was time to get my doll cake out that I requested. 

I made a special wish. Thanks for making my day special, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment