Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, September 5, 2016

A Zoo Celebration

As I mentioned, Katie wanted to celebrate her 6th birthday at the zoo, so my mom, sister, and I drove her there yesterday and met Garyldine and Aunt Jody there. She loves to wander through and visit all of her favorite animals. It was a nice way to celebrate being six.

I was so excited to go to the zoo. I picked out my dress just so I could blend in with the animals. I was pretty sure when the animals saw me, they would want a dress like mine! 

I saw one of the black bears right away. 

We got to watch him being fed. He didn't like his food very much though. 

I was really happy to see the bobcat moving around. They are usually hard to spot! 

The polar bear was taking a nap, but I still wanted a picture with her even though she's hard to see! 

Garyldine and I like to hang out in this bubble to look for the animals. 

When I sat in the jeep looking for the cheetah, I thought I should take off my jacket. That way the cheetah could see my dress if it showed up. 

I found two of them when I left the jeep. I liked matching them! 

Garyldine took a picture of us before we went to see the lions. 

These statues are usually crowded with kids. I was glad to have them all to myself! 

They reminded me of seeing The Lion King the night before. 

I liked the two sleeping lions on the rock behind me. 

I absolutely cannot pass this cave without going in it! Who would pass up that opportunity? 

Of course, I had to stop to see my favorite giraffes! 

There weren't any flamingos when we got to their enclosure, but one finally made an appearance. 

The snow leopard was very happy to see my dress. I wish I could always match the animals! 

I can never leave the zoo without visiting my good friend, Squirrel!
Thanks for coming with us, Garyldine and Aunt Jody. You make my heart happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment