Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Going to the County Fair with Kai

Katie was so excited to have Kai and Kathy meet us at the fair this year. Even though it happened to be one of the hottest days of the summer, they had a good time together!

Kai and I liked to walk through all of the misting stations to try to stay cool in the hot weather! 

One of the first things we did was to find the cows. I was happy to see the calf behind us! 

This is how Kai and I spent most of the day together! 

The baby chicks were so cute! 

We thought the rainbow sheep was pretty funny! 

After we saw the Demolition Derby last year, Kathy really wanted to see it, so we went to watch part of it. Even in the shade, it was boiling hot. 

One of my requests was to ride the ponies. 

Kai and I had fun jumping in the hot bounce house for a bit. 

I loved these bubbles last year. Kai didn't want to try them, but I did it again! 

We spent some time building with these blocks and… 

…riding on this pretend bus. 

While Kathy went to get Kai some food, we tried to rest in the shade. 

Afterward, we played some games. Kai was good at catching ducks!

We both also liked fishing. 

Then we had to discuss what rides we should go on. 

We found the carousel, and I chose the zebra. 

Then we went through this jungle gym. 

We also rode the giant strawberries. Each time we came around, we had a different expression on our faces from happy to exhausted to overheated. 

Our last ride was this little train. With the heat, we didn't have to wait in lines. 

Kai and I knew we could get ice cream before we left. On the way there, we got to spend time with this llama. It loved Kai's hat! 

The ice cream tasted good when we were so hot! 

Bye, Kai! I'm so happy you spent the day with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment