Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Results

I had a lot of people ask me how Katie was doing last night since she was so excited for the election. She came home from school and couldn't wait to watch the events. She pulled out her president puzzle to celebrate our past presidents. She cheered when the results first started coming in and showed Hillary Clinton in the lead.

When Trump pulled into the lead, Katie happened to get a fever. She was very disappointed, but because she had a fever, she soon cared more about lying down to sleep than the election.

This morning, I had a conversation with Katie.

Me: Do you remember hearing about Donald Trump last night?

Katie: Yes. Is he ahead?

Me: No. He won. He's our next president.

Katie: NO…WAY…JOSE!

Me: Do you have any questions?

Katie: Yes. Can Hillary Clinton work with Obamas and zap him away?

Me: No. He won. He'll be our president for at least four years.

Katie: That's good.

Me: Why do you say that?

Katie: Four days isn't very long.

Me: Four years, not days. That means you'll be at least ten years old before we have another president.

Katie: NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Me: Are you okay? What should we do?

Katie: If he's going to be president, he needs to learn to be nice!

Me: Who should teach him?

Katie: His mom.

Me: I think his mom died.

Katie: She's dead? Well, I think my principal should teach him.  (After a couple of minutes of thought…) We need to think of something nice about Donald Trump. I don't want to be mean like him, so we have to think of something nice.

Me: What do you think is nice about him?

Katie: Ummm…..silence.

Me: Can you think of something?

Katie: He can smile…I think. Let's think of something happy now.

Life goes on….

I got this puzzle out in the morning and put it together when I got home from school. 

I really wanted to add Hillary Clinton to my puzzle!

I wasn't happy when Donald Trump pulled ahead. 

In the morning, I was feeling a little bit lost over the whole thing.
After talking to my mom about the election, I just wanted to know if I could still write to Hillary Clinton even if she didn't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment