Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Back to the Zoo

After going to the zoo a few months ago, Katie really wanted to take my sister, Jennifer, there. She particularly wanted to show her the playful polar bear and the giraffes. We found a day when Jennifer wasn't busy and went back. Unfortunately, the polar bear was sleeping during our visit, but we saw the giraffes out and about!

When we got to the zoo, it was really crowded. We decided to walk through the opposite way of most people to make it a little less crowded! 

It was a cold morning and the swamp monkeys were huddled together. 

I was glad I got to see the flamingos! I love their pink color! 

It's always fun when the porcupines are on the move! 

 Do you see the giraffes, Aunt Jennifer?

They are my absolute favorite! 

I could watch them all day. 

It has been a long time since both hippos were awake and out of the water. 

I also don't remember the last time I saw both rhinos! 

I had fun watching this lion wake up and go scratch the tree like a scratching post! 

This cheetah's face showed us that she was really annoyed at having an audience while she tried to sleep. 

I hopped up in the jeep with these other kids to watch the cheetahs out the window. 

I always like to stop for a snack halfway through the zoo, or I get tired by the end. 

I really liked this monkey. We looked at each other for a long time. We could communicate through our eyes! 

The carousel is always a favorite of mine too. 

I like all of the ducks at the zoo, but I especially like the blue-billed one and try to find it every time. 

Of course, I didn't forget my friend! 

We wanted to see you play, polar bear, but you deserve sleep too!

No comments:

Post a Comment