Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, October 22, 2018

Visiting the Pumpkin Patch

This year we chose to go to the pumpkin patch early on a Sunday morning to beat the crowds. Even though we beat the giant crowds, it was still very crowded and we had plenty of lines. Luckily, Katie always has fun anyway!

So much for beating the crowds! 

The first thing I did was to see how I measured up this year. My mom and Aunt Jennifer thought I was growing too fast. 

We headed to the corn maze next. We had only tried this once before, but it was so rainy the day we had tried it that all we did we slip around and we gave up.

The very best part about the corn maze is that hardly anyone was in it.

 It took quite awhile to move our way through the maze, but...

...we made it to the end! 

Next we went to try another new thing. We were going to launch some pumpkins! 

Aunt Jennifer and I worked together to get the pumpkins to go farther. We had fun! 

 Then I found a third new thing. It was a hay bale maze that you could bounce through!

It was pretty fun! 

While my mom talked to some people she knew, I climbed the hay bale pyramid. 

I made it to the top! 

After that, I went through the traditional hay bale maze. 

Aunt Jennifer timed me as I ran through it! 

I made it through in a quick amount of time! 

Before we went to the pumpkin patch, we went to visit the animals. 

I always love the goats. 

Of course we always have to wash our hands good after touching the animals. 

It was finally time to take our hayride to the pumpkin patch! 

There's always lots to look at on the way. 

I sat close to Aunt Jennifer! 

I was looking for three perfect pumpkins to make a family...a big one, a medium one, and a small one. 

I found my medium pumpkin right away. 

A short time later, I found the large one that I wanted, but... 

...I had to trade it for this large one because I found holes in the first one. 

After finding the small one, I took some time to pose.

I tried several different poses. 

How's this one? 

The pumpkins went on and on! 

We walked our pumpkins back in a wheelbarrow, and it was time to wash them! 

I was excited to wash them, but our pump didn't work very well. It took some of the fun out, but we got them clean enough. 

Before we headed home, we had our apple cider and hot chocolate. 

It was such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment