Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Back to the Mountains

Katie loved her last hiking expedition so much that we took her back for more. We still had fun on this hike, but Katie preferred the first hike.

The first part of our hike had a lot of trees in it. 

I took a notebook with me, so I could track what I saw along our hike. 

One of the things I wrote about were the flowers that I was seeing. 

Every hike I go on has bridges to cross. 

The first big thing we walked to was a lake with waterfalls around it. 

Of course, I had to throw a rock in the lake!

After that, we headed up towards the top of the waterfalls. 

 After walking up a long way, we reached two lava fields with big boulders that we had to cross!

I wasn't a fan of the boulder climbing, so we climbed part way and stopped for lunch. 

I always get a ham sandwich from Subway and eat my ham, cheese, and vegetables, and then I nibble on the bread. Yum!

It always gets cold when we stopped, so I added a scarf to my outfit!

Even though we didn't go as far as what we planned, we still climbed up high.

Before we left our lunch spot, we left our own mark!

On the way down, we saw some more huge trees!

We also stopped at this tree had been cut apart for the walking path. We watched the ants crawl through the trunk and come back out with a mouthful of sawdust and dump it on the ground. They were amazing to watch!

Everyone else warms up while they hike, but I always stay cold!

Near the end of the hike, I found this rock that I really liked because it looked like a slide.

This was our favorite flower we found on our hike. It looked like a lantern.

No comments:

Post a Comment