Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Katie's First Mountain

This summer, my sister and I are trying to get Katie out into nature with some hiking. She recently made it up to the top of her first mountain and was so proud of herself!

Our trail was paved at the beginning part. 

Our first goal was to reach the lake.

I liked seeing the lake, but we didn't stay long because there were lots of mosquitoes.

Not long after we left the lake, we were right next to the snow-covered mountain. It was so pretty! 

The further we got up the mountain, the steeper the trail seemed to get. I'd easily run up ahead of Aunt Jennifer and my mom and wait for them like this. I told them they'd probably feel better if they'd stop panting and breathe normally!

When we reached the top of the mountain, I found a comfy rock and got ready to eat my lunch. 

My lunch tasted even better with a view like we had!

 There were lots of chipmunks hoping to get some of our food!

I felt proud to have hiked up this high. It was the biggest hike I've ever been on. 

We had to wear jackets at the top of the mountain since it was pretty windy!  

This was the best part of the day...both the food and the feeling of accomplishment! 

We were happy that at least part of the mountain was showing behind us. 

We took a couple of other pictures before we headed down. 

It was time to leave! 

On the way down, my mom and I hatched a funny plan. 

We got in front of Aunt Jennifer, so we were in control of when we should stop or not. 

Then I kept asking to stop for a picture next to something I'd see. 

Aunt Jennifer doesn't like to stop when we're hiking, so it was funny to keep stopping. 

It got funnier every time we stopped. 

I kept waiting for her to catch on, and my giggles started to give it away! 

 It's fun to tease people!

It was about here that I couldn't control my laughter, and I couldn't keep the joke a secret anymore. 

We still stopped a few more times. 

Even though I was more than halfway through our seven mile hike, I still had lots of energy. 

My mom and I love the flowers that we see on hikes. 

They all look different, and they are all pretty. 

This is one of my mom's favorites. 

I felt like an expert as we were getting close to the end. 

Sometimes experts need to rest though. 

 One of the things I liked were all the streams running down the mountain.

 Once I got to the car, my tiredness caught up to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment