Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

An Early Morning

I was in bed, enjoying my last hour or so of sleep when I heard Katie calling me. I turned over in the darkness to see that it was only 5:20 a.m. I really didn't want to get up, but I kept hearing Katie say, "Look!" Whenever she does that in the darkness of the night or early morning, it usually means she has woken up with a bloody nose.

I made my way to her bed, and I thought she was pointing to her pillow. When I first looked, I thought I may have seen something there, but as I got closer, I saw that there wasn't anything on her pillow. I asked Katie what she needed, and she was holding her hand out to me to give me something.

I was a little nervous as I reached for her hand since I couldn't see what was in it and couldn't figure out what it might be. Her hand touched mine, but I didn't feel anything go into my hand.

I said, "What did you give me, Katie?"

She quickly answered, "Tinkerbell!" Then she burst out laughing before she laid back down and went back to sleep within seconds.

I wasn't so lucky to go back to sleep, but I was still glad to have someone in my life with a sense of humor. Not everyone could make me laugh that early in the morning!

I love to make people laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment