Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

An Elsa Birthday Party

Not long after we got back from Disney World, one of Katie's good friends had a Frozen-themed birthday party. Just like Katie, Annabelle is a huge fan of Elsa's.

Katie told me that she had to wear her Elsa costume to the party, but the invitation didn't say anything about costumes. Sometimes Katie's stories have their own spin on things, so I convinced Katie she didn't need her costume. Instead, I made a deal with her that I would buy a more casual dress with Elsa on it for her to wear.

When we got there, Annabelle was in her Elsa costume and another friend was also in her costume, so Katie did know what she was talking about! I talked to Annabelle's mom about it, and she told me that she knew nothing of the costume conversation. That was all her daughter's doing. In the end though, Katie was pretty happy with her new dress - mostly because of how it flies when she twirls. Isn't that what's most important?

Katie had a really good time at the party. She especially loved that the family had rented a jump house. The only bad thing about it was that the door into the jump house had velcro on it, and almost every time Katie went in and out of it, the strong velcro either caught her ponytail holders or her dress, and she had to be rescued. By the end of the party, she finally figured out how to hold the door, so she wouldn't get caught!

I was happy to be in the jump house. I just didn't like getting caught on the velcro on the way out! 

I had a chance to break the piñata. The bat was really heavy! 

Someone finally broke the piñata, so... 

…we got to fill our bags with candy. 

Annabelle's cupcakes were yummy, but the sun was sure bright!

I loved how my new dress moved as I twirled!

No comments:

Post a Comment