Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Easter, 2015!

This year for Easter, we stayed close to home. When Katie woke up, she was very excited to find her gifts from the Easter bunny. She was also happy to see some Easter eggs spread throughout the house that she could find.

When my mom came over, we found out that the Easter Bunny's grandma had left a gift for Katie at her house. When Katie opened the gift, she found something she's been wanting for awhile. She felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

That afternoon, Katie went to our front yard for the outside egg hunt. Afterward, my mom and dad were over for dinner, and we had our belated Thanksgiving meal since we were in Disneyland on Thanksgiving and never had a turkey dinner this year. Happy Easter!

The Easter Bunny found a vanity for me. I can finally see myself without a step stool or someone lifting me up to the mirror! 

Now I can watch as I comb my hair over and over. 

I truly believe if I comb my hair a lot, it will get longer as I comb it. I want hair as long as Rapunzel's hair. 

I started finding some eggs around the house. 

Then I checked out my Easter basket. 

I found some Shopkins that I collect! My mom doesn't really get the appeal, but I love these little groceries with smiley faces. 

My Shopkins came with a new "menu" to keep track of which ones I have! 

I was happy to get a book about the new Frozen short movie. 

After my mom read my book to me, I decided to look at myself in the mirror again. 

Then I asked my mom if I could just hold and admire the eggs we colored the day before. I thought they were beautiful! 

I got a little bottle of fingernail polish in one of my Easter eggs, and my mom let me paint my own fingernails for the first time ever. I was so excited! I ended up painting them about 15 times that day!

The Easter bunny gave me some crafts, so I decided to decorate bunnies. 

While I did that, Bingle enjoyed my blanket. 

The bunnies were so much fun to make! 

They looked really cute as I finished them. 

I made lots of bunnies! 

Bingle loved them! 

After I got dressed, I told my mom that I would comb my own hair. I didn't need any help. 

I thought my hair looked good! 

My painted nails looked good too! 

Grandma found a gift for me at her house! 

I was so excited! 

I found Mary Poppins' dolls! 

I had to dig way down to the bottom of the bag! 

Look at my dolls, Aunt Jennifer! 

I loved my dolls! I couldn't wait to play with them, but it took my mom a loooong time to get them out of their boxes! 

I played and played with them! 

I was pretty happy to go outside for an egg hunt! 

I think I found all of the eggs. I hope I did! 

Everyone else had a turkey dinner, but I didn't like any of that. I ended up with an Easter egg, an apple, and a roll for my dinner.  

I accidentally spilled iced tea on my dress at dinner, so I made a quick change, which meant I had to comb my hair again. This fan became my hair dryer. 

I love combing my hair when I can see it! 

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment