Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, May 25, 2015

A New Best Friend

On Saturday, we took a long car trip to meet a new best friend. We decided it was time for a new dog, and we found some cute miniature American Eskimos. Katie was very excited at the thought of a puppy, so 25 minutes or so into our four hour drive, we started hearing, "Are we there yet?" It seemed like such a long trip for her to meet her dog.

When we arrived, the breeder had two puppies with her. I couldn't decide between the two by watching videos and seeing pictures, so the breeder wanted us to meet both. When we saw the dogs, I still couldn't decide. I liked both for different reasons. Katie, however, knew right away that she wanted the dog that was named Aurora because "she likes me." The breeder bred dogs along with her daughter. The two puppies were from two separate litters. Aurora was two weeks older than the other puppy, Pearl.

As my mom held Pearl, she decided that she wanted to give Pearl a home too, so we went to pick up one puppy and returned with two. We talked about names on the way home. I had decided to name our dog Bailey, but Katie didn't want to drop the "Aurora" since it's Sleeping Beauty's name. She wanted the dog to be called Princess Aurora Bailey. We have since got it shortened to Bailey Aurora. I call her Bailey, but Katie continues to use both names.

Since my mom hadn't planned on a puppy, she wasn't ready to name her dog. Katie came up with a random name that made us laugh a lot. For some reason, she referred to the dog as Pearl Wagon. My mom really didn't like the name, but it made the rest of us laugh so much that the name has stuck until my mom comes up with a name.

For now, both puppies have been staying with us. It has been nice for them to have each other as they have made the transition to a new home with new people.

I knew right away that I wanted this puppy! 

Grandma decided to get a puppy too! 

After holding Pearl for awhile, I determined she should be called Pearl Wagon. 

We were happy together! 

We finally all decided to take a nap after our big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment